Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hanging out in Wichita

Roasting Marshmallows

Up to this point our entire adventure has felt like one big vacation. A vacation that would end back home in Anchorage, Alaska. I catch myself thinking about calling a good friend to hang out with once I get home or taking the boys to bouncing bears. But I am not. I am not going home. Home to Alaska. This thought has made me homesick these last couple days. I miss all of you my dear friends!








"Home is where the heart is"
So here we are "home" in Wichita, Kansas. I am with my little goobers and my wonderful hubby. We really are having a good time. We joined the YMCA here for the next month and have had a blast using it facilities!
~Rock Wall
~Racquet Ball
~Pool with water slide
~Kids Play Zone
~Spa, hot tub, sauna and of course gym equipment.
 We do a lot of reading these days. Benn is doing  lot of reading too! I love that he can read instructions to games, books, anything!! But also makes me mad because he reads billboards or stickers on the back of trucks with obscene messages.  Not mad at him, of course, mad at the people who put these up and plant terrible messages in my child's brain.



 Grams has great climbing trees in her back yard. Thankfully they are not that tall. Benn fell out of one the other day. No worries, he is fine and was back climbing them again the next day!
Showing off his backpack

Got to love the hat Grams made :)

JJ with his Dora backpack
Dora and Diego. We have all heard of them right?? Well, until the road trip my boys knew nothing of Dora or Diego. We down loaded a few of their TV shows onto the iPod for the days we planned to drive 400-600 miles. At about 1-2 hours before our driving would be over, we set the boys up with Dora and Diego and for those couple hours we heard nothing from the backseat except them yelling back at the TV as prompted by the characters. Josiah in particular fell in love with the Spanish talking characters. While out at garage sales, we found a Dora backpack for $1 fully stocked with Dora's items she uses on her adventures. We bought this toy and it has become his best friend. He takes it everywhere!!!

3 comments:

  1. it makes me sad to think about it. At least when you went away for the military I figured you'd be back, this one seems so much more final. I love you sister! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been about 3 week since I last took a look at your blog and you guys have been BUSY!! Looks like so much fun and what a great active family you are! Can't wait to get to know you guys more and have you around in Yakima! You and your family will fit in very well around here!!!

    ReplyDelete