Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 8 DONE!

As the end of 7th week approached, the anticipation for our 8th week grew. Dave's 8th week will be full studying and 12+ tests. 

On Friday we celebrated the end of this week with a trip to the Yakima Fair. It was no Alaska State fair but it was still fun. Dave and I both agree we like Yakima a lot, but we love Alaska and we miss something different about Alaska each day, this time we missed the fair.
FUN Yucky NOTE: The fair had fried BUTTER!!! I am up for trying crazy foods, I really am. But I draw the line!!! *shutters* yuck!! 
We had a good time and look forward to the day we can go to the Alaska State Fair again. 

Caleb loved this goat, I could not keep his hands off



Playing in a big BIN of corn


Caleb did NOT like the corn!!






Benn with his arms up and Daddy and JJ behind







 The boys love to ride horses and were excited to get to ride.

The boys with the fire clowns
That is how Caleb felt about the Clowns


JJ and the 3 month old foal.
Saturday morning we all went down to Yakima Ave and watched the parade to officially start the Yakima Fair. It was fun to see all the floats.




Benn said: "It looks like the doors broke!!"












Each week I attempted to achieve one BIG goal. This week I canned up some yummy Ratatouille, yes like the movie! :) It is a combination of egg plant, zuchine, green peppers, tomatoes, onions and garlic. I added squash, carrots and parsley. I slow cooked a small batch with sweet sausage and I served it over rice. YUMMO! The rest I canned up for another dinner some other time.  The egg plant, tomatoes, green peppers and parsley were all out of my garden!!
Thank you Beth for the yummy and fun idea, we all loved it!

So, as we enter the 8th week. The kiddos and I are heading out to Raymond, WA to spend time with my Grandpa, Grandma and cousins. This gives Dave LOTs of extra study time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment