Sunday, October 2, 2011

Week 9 Done!

This past week was Dave's second set of tests and he did wonderful! All though we learned a very important lesson this week and I will get to that in just a second.

While Dave was here studying his butt off I took the boys out to my Grandpas farm in Raymond, WA. We thought, maybe, this would give Dave an awesome opportunity to study with no worries about us here at the house.
The boys and I had a great time.
JJ riding with G-pa in the bobcat

Benn in his tree


This cow followed G-pa like a little puppy

Collecting eggs

 
The boys helped Grandma and Grandpa with their chores around the farm and helped feed the horses, pigs, cows, chickens and many other animals on the farm. Being out at Grandmas is wonderful for me, I get a chance to glean knowledge from her and she also gives me fun pointers in the kitchen. The bread, for example, I make for my family is one of her many recipes. During this trip she taught me the art of canning beef. Beef, that was raised and slaughtered right there on their farm. That night for dinner we had Grandmas stew. For me, this is the BEST part of being at Grandmas house, Grandmas cooking!! YUMMO!!!I love to be spoiled and eat well.

Before I left for our trip, I planned accordingly and put away breakfast, lunch and dinners in the fridge so Dave would not have to think about what he was going to eat, it was just there. He had only one chore to do while were away, feed the dog. She is still alive so I think he was able to get it done. :) Dave studied hard and did very well on his tests and I am very proud but he decided he needs us here, especially during test week. Dave comes home to the boys and I and is able to decompress, leaving school at school and having a restful recovery time before going back to it the next morning. During the week of tests this decompression is more important that ever seeing as he has 12+ tests to accomplish.
Lesson: Dave needs us. :) We will not be leaving during test weeks anymore, but we will still make time to get away to my Grandpa and Grandmas farm at other times, before and after test weeks.

The boys and I returned Friday afternoon excited to see Daddy. We all gathered in the kitchen and while the boys caught Daddy up on all of their fun adventures from Grandpas farm I prepared dinner, fresh bread and stew; recipes of GRANDMA! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment