Friday, September 2, 2011

Friends come to Yakima!

It is always a good time when great friends come to visit!! Our friends who are moving across country took time to visit us here in Yakima! We were all excited to have them in our home and oh boy did we have fun!! Dinner at Second Street Grill was a wonderful way to start our time together. Good food paired with a yummy local brews is always a fun way to spend time with friends. 
Breakfast time!
Caleb and Hunter had a love hate relationship. Hunter loved Caleb, but I am not sure Caleb appreciated Hunter's love.
The boys loading into the Van getting ready for a day at the wineries.
Amy and I have a lot of things in common, we both have boys, we laugh at each others goofy jokes, we love Young Lives, we clean obsessively, and we love wine.  So we went WINE TASTING :)
5 boys!!

Our first stop was Paradisos del Sol in a Zillah, WA. The wine host, or the one who pours our tastes, was friendly and answered ALL of my questions.  The sign to the right says: Cook food not wine, roll down your windows! Don't leave you wine if it is to hot for your mother or your dog.
 Wineries in the area, for the most part, are kid friendly. Paradisos del Sol had swings, a fun little yard with animals and building blocks.

Fred, our winery host, he also gave our boys a juice treat

This is how the pros taste wine, with a baby on the front

And a baby on the back

We also stopped by Two Mountain Winery, also in Zillah. This winery had a fun pirate play house for the kiddos, a tractor to ride and chalk to draw with. Who knew wine tasting could be so fun for the boys! 
Benn
 I gave Benn my camera at one point to entertain himself and these are a few of the pictures we found.
Skylar

Josiah
After our time out in Zillah we took the back way to Imperial Gardens to buy fresh corn for dinner. We took the VERY scenic route, it was all for Amy though, I knew exactly where we were. I knew she would want pictures of all the fun crops. Okay, maybe I was a little lost. I think we all had fun though.
 A stop at Costco was next on our list. At one point a women asked me: "How many sets of twins do you have?" There are time where I really want to see a fun expression and say something like, "Two sets of twins and I just found out I am pregnant again!!" Just to see their face. But alas, No twins here, these were 5 long 9 month pregnancies. . . by TWO mommies.
At one point I had a lady roll her eyes at the amount of boys in the cart. Get over it lady, babies are blessings and, God willing, I am having more so watch out!

Once we arrived home the boys bolted out the door for a little pool time before dinner.
A big thanks to Matt, Skylar and Hunters daddy, who took the time while we were wine tasting to fix our broken swing set and mow the lawn! Thank you! Dave and I appreciate your help very much!
 We also had the privilege to share in the celebration of Hunter's first birthday!
Happy Birthday little man! It was a sweet time for me, one year ago I sat with Amy on the phone around 10pm counting her contractions as she breathed through them on the other end.
 Angle Food cake is a birthday tradition for our friends.  The boys loved it!
 We had a wonderful time with our dear friends an were sad to see them go. Even though we are across the country from them I know we will see them again, maybe by then we will have 7 boys between the both of our families. ;)
Sweet Birthday boy! 
Amy let me barrow her Ergobaby while she was here. I have decided they are awesome and I really want one!! If Anyone is selling one please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I have a page in the scrapbook of your time here with Benn's pictures. hehe. They are too funny! Also, you are looking way skinny. ;-)

    ReplyDelete