Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day weekend


 For our Labor Day weekend we took off and headed for the Oregon Coast! Like everything we do, we had no idea where we were headed. The only thing we knew was that all campsites we found on the internet were FULL! We allowed the Lord to lead the way and prayed he would bring us to a campsite near the ocean.
 Like always, God delivered!! We ended up in an RV park in the heart of Tillamook, OR and only 5-10mins from the beach. We were thrilled. With soft grass all around we had no issues finding a good site for our tent. We set up and Dave started a warm fire while the boys played with our new neighbor's children. Finding kiddos for our kiddos to play with is always a plus in our book!

 The bugs were little to none while out in Tillamook, which surprised me because of the stink of the town. Hee!hee!
When I made a comment about the stench my friend said "Well, Cheese is made from Dairy, Dairy is made from Cows and cows POO!" HA!HA! I guess we did decided to stay in the Tillamook!!

 Coming from Yakima's 90 degree weather we were a little chilly, but welcomed pants and sweatshirts and it made the warmth of the fire that much more pleasant.
 By the way, Tillamook cheese is by far my favorite cheese and I was so excited to know that I could go to the factory and see my cheese. Each herd of cows I saw, I told the boys. . . "Look, those cows made the cheese you eat" I think they thought that was pretty cool!


 Cheese!!
 
ICE CREAM
 Tillamook not only excels in Cheese making, but also in ICE CREAM!! It was so yummy!


I love ice cream and I love cheese I was in Heaven!


 After a few hours sampling cheese and eating ice cream we headed for the beach! The weather warmed up nicely and we were able to hang out in shorts. It was a little hazy due to the forest fires in that area.

 The boys made the best of their time on the beach building sand castles and making sand angles.



 I forgot baby's sun hat to I improvised with an outfit and a hair tie resulting in a little pirate! :)

 TIP FOR THE DAY: A little baby powder rubbed all over hands and feet removes sand making it easy to put shoes back on after a day on the beach. 

 The hike out of the beach made up for the ice cream and cheese we ate earlier!
 Benn and I ran down to see the light house on Cape Meares and ran back up to the van, once again making up for all the ice cream.
  I love going on long drives with my family the talks that Dave and I have are rich and full, the giggles from the back seat are sweet and we love listening to Benn read to all of us. He has started to use emotions in his reading, giving each character a voice/tone. I look forward to the next long drive we take.  On our drive back to Yakima, we stopped at the Visita House off the Historic Oregon 30 route.
 Standing on the Balcony of the Vista House
It was refreshing to get up and out of town for a while and enjoy the outdoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment