Friday, August 26, 2011

Young Lives

Wednesday night Dave and I joined a group of awesome folks for their Young Lives kick off.

For those of you who don't know I have been a part of the Young Lives ministry for almost 7 years. Young Lives reaches out to teen moms and their babies encouraging, loving and disciplining them through parenthood. 

So you could imagine how sad I was to pack up and leave my awesome girls back in Alaska and move to Yakima. I have kept in contact with all of the mentors and girl back in Alaska (Thanks to Facebook) but I have still felt sad being such a far way away. Wednesday night was AWESOME! Dave and I felt as if we had been with this group for the last 7 years. There was great food,  great friends and LOTS of laughter! It also helps that the director Mary and I have been good friends for the last 2 years and it also helps to have a common interest, Young Lives. I am stoked to be a part of the Yakima Young Lives and hopefully learn new and cool things and between Alaska and Yakima I hope that with combined forces Young Lives will grown far beyond what we have now.  Watch out here comes YOUNG LIVES!

In the Picture above left to right, Terry, LeMessa, Cheryl, Breonna, Katrina and Jennifer! This is at Creekside Young Life Camp July 2011. Katrina and Jennifer are mentors and have come along side Terry and have taken Young Lives in Alaska to a whole new level in just this past summer! I am excited to watch them all grow! You go girls!
 Beautiful Terry and Beautiful Heather! Terry is now the director in Anchorage Alaska. She excitedly took over for me when we had to move away! She is a fantastic women and we all love TERRY!!
Terry AK director and Mary Yakima Director at camp 2011
 Here are two of my favorite people!! Terry, who my kids love and adore and has supported me through a lot and been there for me whenever I need her and Mary who has already shown me she is ready to help me out as we adjust to Yakima. Both of these ladies are strong godly women who love the Lord our God with all their heart, soul and mind and I am blessed to call them friends!
Please keep both of them and Young Lives in your prayers as we start up a new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment