Sunday, August 21, 2011

Swing Set!

I have accomplished something huge! Okay, maybe not so huge! But still. . .

I hooked up our trailer to our van and drove 45 min to pick up a swing set for the boys I found on craigslist. It was a good deal and I did not want to take the chance of someone buying it before Dave could get out there and get it. I bought the swing and the guy helped me load it up and tie it down. (I should have taken a pic of that) On my way home I stopped to get gas and realized that one of the straps had come loose and almost fell off. I am glad I figured this out before getting on the interstate.
I fixed it and got on my way home. Everything made it home safely and I was excited to have done something I never thought I would do by myself. Hook up and Pull a trailer!!
 Oh but I forgot to mention. . . the battery was dead in the van. This has been an ongoing issue so I asked my neighbor to put the new battery in that has been sitting in our garage. I thought about doing it myself, but could not bring myself to do it. Years ago, my Dad and I had a battery blow up while we were doing something under the hood of our 84 Bronco. Needless to say, I don't do battery stuff anymore. :)
I still felt super accomplished!!

No comments:

Post a Comment