Sunday, August 14, 2011

Finding things to do in Yakima

With Dave being gone at school, I have hired a couple cute Mr. Fix-its!
 Finding things to do while Dave is at school all day has been EASY! There is a lot to do here in Yakima and on this blog I have only post a few.
I have taken up the art of hanging clothes to dry to save money on gas

I am learning to can foods. These are some peaches I scored for free

there is my hired help again picking some blueberries!
 They are not Alaska's wild blueberries but they are still yummy!! We spent a couple hours picking almost 7lbs of berries the other day at Yakima Berries.

When these are ripe we will pick them too! YUMMO APPLES

This is only half! My boys can pick them like no other!

Blueberry pancakes on a Saturday morning!

Not the prettiest, BUT YUMMY!




I also made blueberry muffins

Give them a try, you will love them!
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup evaporated cane juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/3 cup applesauce
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • Combined all ingredients and fill each greased muffin tin to the top with batter.  I used paper liners, but be sure to spray the top surface of the pan. Sprinkle a generous helping of the crumb topping over batter.
  • Crumb Topping
  • 1/4 cup cane sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup butter, cubed
  • 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon  
  • combine with fork
  • Bake muffins at 400 degree for 20 mins or until toothpick comes out clean. ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment