Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Food Network!!

I made Dave drive me into Baltimore city with a trailer just to get a picture in front of the Ace of Cakes bakery! There is a sign posted on the door that clearly states I was not allowed to walk in unless of course I was picking up a cake. I kind of figured as much, they have strict rules posted on their web site also and I was not picking up a cakes so alas, I took a picture in front of the bakery. It was super exciting for me! (not so much for the rest of the clan, but hey) As I walked up to the building an employee walked out!! You know the guy on the show that wears that green striped shirt??? It was him. He smiled and shook his head in such a fashion that said "That crazy fan" Also, as we drove around the building to leave I looked in the windows and saw Mary Alice's desk! All in all it was a super cool thing for me!





We bought the "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" book for this road trip. This is a restaurant featured in that book and it was well worth the stop!! Chaps Pit Beef is also in Baltimore and happens to be one of Duffs (From Ace of Cakes) favorite dines. The staff was friendly, the food was phenomenal and the price was good!


It was a little building with no AC, but the food packed a punch! There was so much to choose from and we decided to go with what Guy ordered "The Chaps Special" It was amazing, so amazing in-fact Dave wants to drive back to Baltimore just for more "Chaps Pit Beef"!!



Do you see the group in the background of Josiah. The girl on the right was also taking pics and I stated I was glad to not be the only one taking pics. She said "Yeah, we drove all the way from Chicago to try this." I wanted to say: "Yeah, well, we drove from Alaska" But I was humble and said: "Cool" instead.


Yep, It was awesome and I am glad I was able to try it!

Too hot if you ask me!!
It was HOT and our van decided to poop out! In Canada our AC broke and we got it fixed in Wichita. While enjoying the AC in the 108 degree weather our van overheated! Upon further investigation Dave figured that our fans were not kicking in and therefore, our van over heated when the AC was on. 
No Fans NO AC
Side note: the passenger window does not roll down unless physically forced! 

~to be continued~

No comments:

Post a Comment