Saturday, December 10, 2011

week 18 and almost Christmas




WOW! 1 Week left of school for Dave and then it is 2 weeks of Christmas Vacation!!  This last week was full of CHRISTMAS stuff. The kiddos and I are are working hard making all of our Christmas gifts this year. They really enjoy all of the fun projects! Look out Grandparents these kids are going crafty nuts!! :)














 We had a fun time last weekend (The first weekend in Dec) We enjoyed a wonderful Yakima Electric parade and hot chocolate!
He was a little scared and unsure
 One big difference from last years Christmas celebration in Anchorage. . .was the warmth. While it was still a little chilly, notice the lack of all out SNOW GEAR! We are enjoying the slight increase in temperature! :) But still miss the snow.
 They go all out here! There were many trucks and they were WELL lite up!!

MMM Hot COCO



 We enjoyed a wonderful parade and then it happened the BIG lighting of the Christmas tree!!!
Yep, that is it folks. . .

Only 1/4 of the lights turned on. . .there was a big groan through out the crowd and a mass exit. Bummer, but the parade was still wonderful!

As I enter this season I have made it a big deal to say Merry Christmas to anyone and everyone!!  I respect others and their Holiday traditions and I hope they can respect me. I have become use to hearing "happy holidays" and I respond with my typical Merry Christmas, because this is what I celebrate. But the other day, I mailed a package and when the postman said MERRY CHRISTMAS as I left the building,  I was caught off guard. I back up and said Thank You, Thank you for saying Merry Christmas.

Here is the deal people. . . say what is in your heart. If you want to say Happy Hanukkah to me, then say it!! If you want to say Happy Holidays to me then SAY IT! I will not be offended by what you say! But to hear people say Happy Holidays because their boss told them they have to. . . well.  . . I wish that there was still a freedom. There is not.
ON THAT NOTE!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment