Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas at Grandpa's Farm


 We spent Christmas out at my Grandpa and Grandma's house in South Bend, WA. I have not spent Christmas with them since 4th grade. My Dad, Sister and Youngest Brother were also there!! Now, that was a treat!
We spent a couple days on the farm with everyone. We drove into Olympia for last min shopping, we wrapped presents with Grandma, we cooked and cleaned the same kitchen 5-6 times each day preparing for the Christmas day celebration. On Christmas eve, Dave, the boys, my siblings and I cuddle up in our PJs in our temporary room and told the real story of Christmas. We shared with them about Mary and baby Jesus and how she would bring  him into the world while in a barn with animals and we explained to them what that means for us and who Jesus is and why he came to earth. We also told the story of St Nicholas and how the tradition of leaving gifts while Children are sleeping was started. On Christmas morning we huddled around the cute Christmas tree with the wood stove heating our backs and opened gifts. The boys were thrilled to received two board games they have been waiting for.





 Later in the morning more family showed up!! My cousins, their kiddos, Uncles and Aunts all joined us for a HUGE brunch! We spent the rest of the day chatting, eating, shooting trap, playing games and watching the kids play. It was a wonderful day had by all!!
 Caleb was giving his cousin a ride on the back of the his walker.
 After brunch nap, a typical tradition among the men in my family.
 Two of my siblings and I. We missed you Jordan!
 Great Grandpa and most of his GREAT grandchildren. I could be wrong, but I think we were only missing Kaydence, my brothers little girl.
 Grandpa with only a few of his grandchildren.
 On Monday morning I woke up not feeling well at all. I really just wanted to be home. So we loaded up! We took my dad, sister and brother back to Yakima with us. Yes, I know what you are thinking. How did your van fit all of you? Easy. . .

I sat on the floor ;)
We were PACKED in that van but we loved it. We listen to music and sang a long. We did mad libs
and just enjoyed being together. 
After a trip to the outlet malls in Chehalis, WA and a slow drive over White Pass. We arrived home and prepared to have another wonderful Christmas celebration together.

No comments:

Post a Comment