Sunday, January 1, 2012

HAPPY 2012!!!


 One year ago TODAY I made a new years resolution to blog about all the events that were about to take place in our lives during 2011! Not only did I want this blog so that family could follow us on our adventures during our summer road trip but also as a journal for myself and family to look over and read later down the road. Today we sat; Benn and JJ with Daddy's iPad and they scrolled through blog after blog laughing and giggling at all the fun pictures. They said things like: "I remember that", "that was awesome", or "I never saw that picture" It was a sweet moment and I am very thankful to a new friend of mine who showed me where I can make my blog into a BOOK!! So now 2011 can sit on our shelf.
 A lot happened this year and to sit here and tell you all about it. . . well that would take all year ;) But in short here is what happened. We moved into a rental after selling our house and made lifelong friends with the LeMasters, we unpacked and packed within 3 months.  We said a lot of sad good-byes to amazing friends and hugged LOTS of family, we loaded our belongings onto a shipping container and sent it to Washington, packed up the family in our red van and drove through Alaska, down through Canada, across the United states to Massachusetts and back again to our new place of residents in Yakima. We settled down and Dave started his new adventure in Med school. I became a teacher and now home school two bright young boys. We joined a new church family and made more wonderful new friends and we learned that trusting God with everything in your heart and soul will be the biggest and best adventure of our life!!
Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength. 
Ready or not, 2012 here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment