Monday, March 5, 2012

Above Rubies

Above Rubies is a ministry that encourages women in their calling to be the wife and mother God desires them to be.
In February, Dave's close friend Michael, sent Tara, Michael's wife, and me to the Above Rubies retreat in Olympia, Wa. The retreat was held at Black Lake Bible Camp. It was refreshing to be around other women who are in the same boat; with babies on our hips, toddlers at our toes and home school at the kitchen table. But I would say,  I enjoyed deep conversation with my sweet friend Tara most of all. We had a cabin all to ourselves and spent most nights talking and sharing until we could hardly keep our eyes open.
With the Warrens this summer in Lancaster, PA
But I will never forget about the awesome adventure we had before even getting to the camp!!! 
We flew into Seattle on Thursday, late afternoon, and hit the town running! look out two mommas without kids out on the town.
 First we picked up our mustang. YES! MUSTANG!!
After we picked up the car we headed to Thai Fusion for dinner. It was wonderful Thai and I look forward to going back soon! For the atmosphere and food it was reasonable priced. We ate and talked and ate and talked some more!
 After a night of uninterrupted sleep in a comfortable bed and not one child "alarm clock" we got up and hit the town tourist style. With Starbucks in hand we walked down to Pike's Place.
 At one point we walked right past it and right down to the sea side/board walk. Once we found the lovely green sign above we found our way.
the famous "Gum wall" in Seattle
 THIS WALL IS DISGUSTING! It smelled minty fresh but I felt very germy getting anywhere near it. Needless to say I did NOT add a piece of gum!!! It was just GROSS!
 We walked through the market and enjoyed looking at the local art work and while there wasn't any famous BIG fish throwing, we got to see the famous fish fillet throwing. It works.

 After Pikes place we headed to the space needle.
Where is my coffee??
 We made a quick trip to Ikea before heading down to Olympia for our retreat. Our time in Seattle was fun, enjoyable but entirely way to short.
Second day of our retreat


 Cute right? Rustic and woody.

I had a wonderful time and it was refreshing to be with my friend and rest. Tara is a sweet friend who challenges my thinking and encourages me in my stage of life.
Thank you Michael and Tara for blessing me with this trip. Your family is a blessing to ours and we love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment